SoCal Swing Forum Index SoCal Swing
Southern California Swing Forum - Serving Orange County, Los Angeles, and San Diego

FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups    
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Vintage Slingerland Drums - as used by C5/JC - FOR SALE

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Campus Five

PostPosted: Sun 07/08/07 10:29 am    Post subject: Vintage Slingerland Drums - as used by C5/JC - FOR SALE Reply with quote

Hey, I've got an extra set of drums that I need to sell.
These are a set of mid-50's Slingerland Radio King Drums in white marine pearl. These are the same kind of drum that Gene Krupa and Buddy Rich played.
I was hoping to keep these within the swing community, rather than have them go to some modern cat, who won't appreciate them for that classic Radio Kind swing sound.
I got these on ebay about 4 years ago, and they have only been used on 2 or 3 campus five gigs, and have been played by myself and Josh Collazo.

You can get the full details and photos of the drums at:
www.campusfive.com/drums.htm

I say these are "extra" b/c we have another set just like it, only more worn. That set has been used on both of the Campus Five records, and many of our traveling gigs like Lincoln Center. Here's Josh playing our other set: (with a different floor tom provided by Lincoln Center)

www.myspace.com/campusfive
www.swingguitar.blogspot.com
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SoCal Swing Forum Index -> Flea Market All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: